Ads Board - Free Advertising and Marketing

Full Version: Nexcess Web Hosting Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, you guess it, I switched web hosts again but this time I’m not going to ever switch again. (cross’ fingers) While searching for hours yesterday morning for that one perfect web host I’ve always wanted, I came across a web hosting business called nexcess and I was very impressed with all the hosting options that they have. Just a few days ago they launched a new web hosting business for wordpress blogs only. The specifications for this custom wordpress hosting sold me.

Of course just looking at the specifications wasn’t going to make me switch to them right away without doing the typical pre-sales questions and test how fast and helpful support is. Note, when you are looking for a new web host, it’s always a must to contact the pre-sales team and give them your monthly stat’s/usage that your blog use’s each month. I made sure I gave them stat’s for my highest traffic month to make sure my blog would work on the package I wanted. I also asked them if they would move my blog from the old host to the new host. Nexcess will move your blog from your old host (don’t matter what type of cpanel you are using) to your new account for free. What impressed me was that only Mon-Friday they do the migrates but since I explained to them in the pre-sales emails of my hosting issues, they actually went above and beyond and moved my blog over this morning. Each email I had sent with questions the support team was fast to respond and really nice. Anyways, I’m going to talk about the custom WordPress web hosting they provide since that’s what I purchased.

Most web hosts say that they will host your blogs with no problems, but how many of those web hosts have packages/servers set up to only run wordpress blogs and no other type of website? There are very few web hosts who do this and do a great job. You have to check out the information below on what’s included in my hosting package.

WordPress Hosting Options
  • Monthly Price: $14.95 (USD)
  • Disk Space: 10 GB
  • Memcached Instance: 256 MB
  • Included Bandwidth: 150 GB/mo
  • Accounts Per Server: 35
  • SSH Access: Yes
  • PHP Cache: e-Accelerator
  • 24-7 Support (live chat isn’t 24hrs but they respond to emails on weekends
  • W3 Total Cache Installed
  • 9 secondary domains (Each one has its own webroot
  • File backups and nightly MYSQL backups

That’s the package that I bought but they even state more stat’s that the non computer nerds would not understand. I’m not going to post all the stat’s here because this blog post is getting long enough already and my hands will start to hurt from typing a lot. I still need to go rake leaves at my parents house. lol

Security Enhancements
  • All unnecessary system services have been disabled. This server is running WordPress and has been optimized in every way for WordPress
  • All critical applications and libraries including the system Kernel are kept up to date with nightly YUM updates.
  • All sites run in a secure CHROOT environment for an additional layer of security
  • Custom configuration of latest stable PHP v5 built specifically for running WordPress
  • Our PHP build includes the Suhosin Hardened PHP Project patch which helps protect users from known and unknown flaws in PHP applications and the PHP core
  • APF (Advanced Policy Firewall) has been installed and configured for maximum security and packet throughput performance and reliability. The APF rules applied are extensive to provide system security and a PCI compliant hosting environment.

There is a lot more to mention about nexcess and the server specs but I don’t want to make this blog post any longer then it already is. If you don’t have a wordpress blog to use their custom wordpress hosting then maybe you could use their shared hosting, Magento hosting or get a server to host your very large website/business. There is a package for everyone’s website. When you have some time visit nexcess and read about all their web hosting services. Remember to contact the pre-sales team and provide them with all your traffic, disk usage and bandwidth stat’s when you ask them if your site would work on a certain package. Ask other questions to but that’s the main thing to mention when you are looking for a new home for your websites.

To Your Success